Monday, January 5, 2009

Entry 3 - 01-06-2009

Got around to some gaming pretty late in the night. I was tired but it was well worth it.

Here is what I played:

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix - I absolutely love this game. I loved the original SS2T and the HD Remix just ups everything to 11. The art is great and the sprites are finally high rez. The game plays almost the same as it did back in the day; I'm not super hardcore so I wouldn't notice any of the changes that they made. But damn this game is just as fun and addictive as it was. Played a few rounds with a buddy and a Shacker friend. I won 1 match :(. But still damn fun.

Left 4 Dead - Was helping Diego pop his cherry in this game, so what better way than to play the Versus mode! We invited another Shacker to join us and filled the rest of the room with pubs. We started off pretty bad. No one but our Shacker friend really knew how to play. We were getting destroyed for the first couple of rounds (and when I say destroyed I mean mutilated). But we finally were able to a good flow going and put together a few wins. Overall score said we still lost but I think we won more rounds than they did! The Versus mode of the game is quite different than any other multiplayer game that I've played. There are two sides: Survivor and Infected. Two teams of four and each group takes turns on both sides for each map. Objective for the Survivors: Get to the Safe House. Objective for the infected: Don't let Survivors get to Safe House. For the first couple of rounds when we were as the Survivors we were moving too slowly out of the gate (mostly due to our inexperience) and we were getting rushed almost from the beginning. Resulting in very fast deaths and short rounds. As infected we were not organized and didn't quite understand the abilities of each of the different "class" of Infected. After a while we learned that we really needed to hoof it through the level as the Survivor and we needed to trap the Survivors when we were playing as the Infected. End result: we learned how to play better and had a grand ol' time doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment